Classroom without walls
children in the realm of wonder and wander
Children at the Preschool will have the ability to wonder and wander, they need to be given the time and encouragement to think independently, be grounded as individuals, in a safe and homely atmosphere. Every child is encouraged and supported to become a polymath( a person whose expertise spans a significant number of different subject areas , such a person is known to draw on complex bodies of knowledge to solve specific problems). Children develop cognitively, physically, emotionally and socially. Teachers are facilitators who are empowered with knowledge, tools and technology to make a difference in the lives of children. The teachers plan collaboratively for teaching and learning.
Understanding by design, thinking routines will help children to learn at their own pace and space. The activities will be documented for each child’s learning.
Teachers will plan using technology to plan learning activities and document the child’s journey effectively to share the moments and memories of the child.
a week at the planet discovery centre
- circle time : talks and discussions, brainstorming views and opinions , ideas and perspectives.
- language and numeracy,
- science experiments
- environment studies
- construction blocks, manipulatives
- inquiry based themes
- value education Gandhiji’s principles applicable in today’s world
- physical and emotional endurance, personal social education
- respecting nature ,gardening, nature walks, water animals and marine life
- growing vegetables and having organic food
- pottery, art, sculpture
- weaving and printing
- drama , performing arts ,music, dance and movement
- nature walks
- field trips
The centre has indoor and outdoor classrooms and special locations for the students to do their academic work. The basic ideals are the concept of respecting nature and it's cycles, aiming to spread awareness through students and living sustainable lives.